R U D Y F A R H A N

RUDY FARHAN


" LIFE IS LIKE A FASHION RUNAWAY "
" WE NEED TO DO OUR OWN CATWALK TO IMPRESS THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU "



FOR ANY INQUIRIES REGARDING PRESS OPPORTUNITIES/ADVERTORIAL/REVIEWS CAN BE DIRECTED TO rudyfarhan91@gmail.com







VACATION: HANOI 2016 PART 2}
Thursday 1 September 2016 | 20:30 | 0Comment

Day 4:



Woke up early and set off for a jog!! It was so good and refreshing. I don't feel right if I never do anything productive. Lucky for me, the park is situated near my apartment and all I need to do to wear my running attire and run around the park. The park also have a small lake in middle of the park. Time check was 6am in the morning. Do 2.4km run, some push up and stretching. Felt so hyped up so time to go for my morning breakfast!

Ate my breakfast and decided to head down to the Royal City Shopping Centre as recommended by Mai (my host). Took Grab Taxi as I don't feel like taking bus in the morning. Upon reaching the place, I was fascinated with the exterior of the mall and the surrounding. It reminds how nostalgia it is and the replica of the Paris. The architecture is amazing and felt like going to Paris.






Proceed to the mall and there is not a lot of people there as the things that they sold are all available to the upper class people in Hanoi and the tourist. Walked around but I felt it is waste of time as Singapore have what this mall have to offer. Decided to buy my facial products as it is much more affordable as compared to Singapore. Snapped some offer and it seemed that I have months of products to be use. Nevertheless, I was there until lunch. Upon exiting the mall, the rain got heavier and I am stuck at the mall and worst of all, there is no taxi or Grab Car around the area. Haizz!! How unfortunate! Proceed to the nearby cafe to chill, once again order Vietnamese Coffee Milk. Yum!





Time check: 2pm. Rain stopped and I got into a taxi and this time heading to Hoen Kiem Lake area for my lunch! Went to Red House Hanoi! It is quite a distance from the city area but I managed to find the place. This restaurant served local dishes from Singapore and Malaysia. The owner himself is from Singapore. As I missed the home food, I decided to eat noodles with guava drink. Loving it and the ambience in the restaurant is calming and relaxing. As there was no one yet at the restaurant, I got the restaurant to myself. Eventually, I took my time and within 15 mins, I am done with my lunch.




Proceed back to the City area for a relaxing massage. I opted on foot massage as my legs were aching from all the walking around the city area. The price was affordable and I paid 180,000 Dong (SGD 10.98), not bad for an hour massage. My experience was memorable because after the massage, my legs felt so light and I can walk more around more.

As I guess it was nearing dinner time by that time, I went to eat Khazaana Restaurant once again and chill at the nearby cafe as the night was still young. Time check: 8pm, decided to go to my apartment and took a rest. Felt so tired!




Upon reaching to the apartment, Mai and the husband prepared for me a traditional dessert which consist of lotus seed, longan and warm sugar made only in Vietnam. It was so refreshing that I decided to ask for second time. Chatted with them about how was my life here in Vietnam and how I want to visit this place again. Washed up and headed to sleep.

Day 5:

Second last day in Hanoi. Decided to go to the METRO supermarket to look out for my luggage. As from my previous post, my luggage was mishandled by the staff from Malaysia Airlines. Woke up a bit later and cooked myself Tom Yam maggi. Oh no!! Maggi in the morning because I forgot to buy bread and milk from Lotte World Mall.

Proceeded to the METRO and looked around for the luggage but to see the fact, the luggage was so expensive and waste of my time when I went there. Decided to go to my apartment as I felt a little lethargic. As I went to my room, I eventually fell asleep and shocked that I woke up at 2pm. Damn!! 2 hours of nap and felt so ineffective.



Proceed to the city area again as I urgently need to bring luggage. Walked around and I found a cheap luggage will cost me about 500,000 Dong (SGD 30.51), the luggage was compact and enough to put all the stuff I brought and bought from Hanoi. As I still have time, headed to eat lunch at nearby restaurant and managed to secure a seat there as lunch is always packed with tourist.

Proceed to walk around to see what shall I buy this time and regretted that I did not go to other places as I guessed the mishap happened to me and the weather is so hot till I always want to stay indoors. The water puppet was always full and I guessed it will be a must for me to go, book early when I went to Hanoi again.




Time check: 5PM. I decided to go to my apartment to pack early and see what shall I do. Upon reaching my apartment, I ate my dinner which only yoghurt, bread and milk. Watched television and I am shocked that the channel are mostly Vietnamese but lucky for me, I managed to watch Channel News Asia so I can update myself with local and overseas news. Hahaha!

Packed my luggage thereafter and continue watching the television. I have the apartment to myself for the day as my host went to party while the husband and the son went to watch some play. Nothing much I do but to just laze around!! 9pm, all of them reached home and chatted with me and how sad they were when I am leaving the next day.




Washed up and headed to bed so I can wake up early!! (:

Day 6 (Last day):

Woke up like 7am, packed all my toiletries and all the clothes that I used yesterday. They are still at home when I woke up but eventually wished me goodbye as they have some errands to attend to in the morning. Managed to talk to them about my days in Hanoi were amazing. Took GrabCar from my apartment and headed to airport at 11am as my flight was at 1pm. Better be early than late right? As the airport was new and nothing much to do, I just checked in to the departure hall and managed to drink milkshake and took a short nap as I have like 1.5 hours to go!!



Reached Singapore about 9pm as the flight from Kuala Lumpur was delayed for almost an hour!! Urghh!! Wasted my time once again and headache hits me due to the weather or maybe the flight from Hanoi to KL! No more Malaysia Airlines for me and time to take Singapore Airlines once again!!

I am very happy and fortunate that I am able to travel alone and gave me a sense of confidence and eye opening for me to understand myself even more!! Overall, I guess I am going for another vacation real soon!! Any country that you can recommend me?

Thank you to my readers for reading my blog post and look out for more interesting updates. See you in my next post!! (: